facebookpinterestmail

Greatness

This week has been rough. Terry's father passed away on September 2nd. His funeral was on Friday, September 5th.


When Terry and I discussed his dad this week, he used a word that has really made me think. Simple. "Dad was simple," he said. What an amazing way to be remembered.


He was also simple in his faith in God. He believed. He never forced his beliefs on other people. He never got into huge philosophical debates about the meaning of life.


John Edward Duff, to me was simply amazing. I loved him very much. He made me smile and laugh. I have nothing but great memories of great hugs and boisterous laughter.


Grant's middle name came from Papa John. We wanted him to share a piece of his Papa. Thank goodness we did.


We love you Papa John.




1 comment:

Heather said...

What a wonderful photo. You can see the love you all have for each other. It's beautiful. Being simple is such an amazing way to be remembered. I wish I could fall into that category, I'm not sure if I will though lol! I'm so glad you guys have great memories with him.

 
Design By Designer Blogs