facebookpinterestmail

Crazy Week...

What a whirlwind week it's been. We've been dealing with the whole car wreck/insurance thing all week. I wouldn't even bring it up, but I'm not sure James will EVER let me live it down. He's told every person we've come in to contact since then. We went to the market and I kid you not he said the following to the clerk: "Hi, my name is James. My mom got us in an accident and wrecked her Nalli. We are okay, but she totalled the car." OMG!!! Can you say embarassed? I think I shrunk down to the size of a pea.

Anyhow, we are all okay and poor Bessie is probably in yukon heaven wishing evil things upon me. But I'll miss her. She was absolutely my favorite car in the history of my driving career. She wasn't just a mom wagon. She was family. RIP Bessie.

Okay, enough sad stuff. Let's talk about HALLOWEEN!! Yay for October. I may have jumped the gun a little, but only by a couple of days. A couple of my friends (Meg and Tara) already have their fall decorations up so I really actually feel behind the eight ball. I put mine up Friday and I am so excited. I made new ones this year. Here are some pictures of my crazy metallic pumpkins.



Spooky enough? I love the ravens! I changed out their eyes for rhinestones. I painted roses black and frosted them with black glitter. Then, I added loose featheres to the pumpkins...SO cool. I love the way these turned out! I also made a wreath for the front door. As if my house isn't scary enough?

And finally, my sister Robin and her husband came into town for the weekend. We had a blast. We went through baby things and cooked. We tend to do that. When we spend time together, we enjoy spending time in the kitchen. Anyhow, we had some really great conversation. Last night we played CLR and Farkel. It was a blast. Thanks for coming out guys!!


3 comments:

Nicole H. said...

So happy that everyone was OK! I am so thankful you were still able to save me on top of your crisis. You are an amazing friend and I'm so thankful for you. I love the decorations. LOVE them. So creative.

Heather said...

You Rock my world! I LOVE the decor, great job! I'm sorry about being so noncommittal to come and assist, last week was just um well weird. I have been in a funk and not really in the most social mood. Thank you for still reaching out and being so sweet when I'm sure I've been a terrible friend the last couple of weeks. You've got me back now that the whole FSS thing is history.

I am so glad you guys are all ok I still can't believe you got in an accident. =(

Shelly said...

I didn't know you had a blog Amanda!! When did you get in an accident?? We need to catch up soon. Miss you xoxo

 
Design By Designer Blogs